- Tiếng Việt
The American Citizen Services unit is open to the public as follows:
- Notarial services (including affidavits, acknowledgments, authentication, power of attorney, etc.), passport services (including renewals, additional pages) and other services including First time federal benefits claims: 08:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Mondays-Tuesdays-Thursdays-Fridays by appointment only.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. by appointment only. Please refer to the Report of Birth Abroad page.
- Emergencies (such as cases of illness, death, destitution, arrest, missing persons, lost and stolen passport, parental child abduction): Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call 3520-4200 within Vietnam, or (+84)(8) 3520-4200 internationally.
- Note: Those people picking up passports, Federal Benefits checks/correspondence, or submitting information in relation to a Consular Report of Birth Abroad do not need to make an appointment.
- After December 31, 2015, visa pages can no longer be added to U.S. passports because such inserts pose vulnerabilities to both the security of the ePassport and the internal controls of the issuance process. Instead, 52-page passport books are now issued at no extra cost to U.S. citizens applying from outside the United States. Please renew your passport early to make sure you have enough blank pages for visa stamps from other countries. Keep in mind that some countries require two blank pages for entry and exit.
You may want to visit http://travel.state.gov/ for more information on entry, exit, and foreign visa requirements.
We are closed to the public on both Vietnamese and American holidays.
American Citizen Services
4 Le Duan Blvd., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Do you have questions regarding ACS processes and services? If so, please complete the ACS Inquiry form below.
Note: American Citizen Services does not have information regarding visas. All inquiries regarding immigrant or nonimmigrant visas should be directed to the Consulate General's Information and Public Outreach team via the online inquiry forms at: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/contact/ivinquiries.html (for Immigrant visa inquiries) and http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/contact/nivinquiries.html (for Nonimmigrant visa inquiries).
This form should not be used in the case of an emergency. Please contact the ACS by phone if you need immediate help. For daytime and after-hours contact numbers, please visit: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/emergency-contact.html.